Please visit our online store for your convenience in finding quality foot and ankle products. Below you will also find other company recommendations and shoe evaluation tips.
We are one of the few podiatric offices in the state that makes custom orthotics right in our clinic. This allows us to have a very quick turn around time and quick in office modifications if needed. Other clinics mail their casts out to labs around the country creating 2 weeks+ turn around time for fabrication and major modifications. Because of the labor intense process, one pair of custom orthotics costs $325 for most patients and can be ready in 2-3 business days. This price includes fabrication, fitting and adjustment appointments (which may be several appointments). We guarantee our orthotic effectiveness and comfort or your money back.
Please see our post on the orthotic fabrication process (saltlakepodiatrist.com/?p=979)
Your pain relief is our goal.
www.powerstep.com (sold in our office)
Upper Design & Sport Activity
- Over-the-calf: Baseball, Basketball, Outdoor (including liners) Ski, Snowboard, Soccer
- Mid-calf: Skate
- Slouch: Aerobics
- Crew: Running, Golf, Tennis, Racquetball, Hiking
- Thin or Thin Double Layer Outdoor(liners), Cycling, Running (racing), Skiing
- Padded or Thick Double-Layer Jogging, Skiing, Hiking, Tennis, Basketball
- Acrylic:Golf, Tennis, Hiking
- Acrylic: Outdoor-Warm
- Pick the right sock for the right sport.
- Use synthetic material. Use proper shoes and fit them with the socks you plan to wear while playing ball.
General Athletic Socks: Smartwool, Thor lo, Coolmax
Shoes are the foundation for the body. They should only bend significantly at the ball of the foot and not the arch. They should firmly support the heel. They should be fairly rigid when twisted by holding the toe and heel. If you have any doubts at all, any Podiatrist worth his salt should be able to evaluate any pair of shoes you present to him.
Shoe Evaluation Techniques:
Shoe Recommendations: contact our clinic for an up-to-date shoe recommendation list. 801-532-1822
Shoe Stores (Salt Lake area):
Dick’s: The Gateway Mall41 Rio Grande (SLC)
- Most athletic/sports type shoes
Deboer’s Running Store: 134 S. Main St., (Bountiful)
- Athletic/running shoes
New Balance: 7444 Union Park Ave (Midvale)
- running/walking/hiking shoes, women’s supportive dress shoes
*Salt Lake Running Company*: 700 East 2454 South (SLC), 1356 Foothill Drive (SLC), 1132 East 12300 South (Draper)
- Best running shoes selection
The Walking Company: The Gateway Mall, 75 South Rio Grande St. SLC, UT
- Supportive dress shoes
Custom Shoes and Bracing:
- Chandler’s Walk Shoppe: 6321 Highland Dr (DM shoes, custom shoes, shoe modifications)
- Fit-Well Prosthetic & Orthotic: 50 South 900 East (Prosthetics, braces, Ankle Foot Orthoses)
- Shields Orthotics and Prosthetics: 2785 East 3300 South (Bracing, Ankle Foot Orthoses)
- Hanger P & O: 5292 South College Drive, Suite 103, Salt Lake City, Utah 84123 (Prosthetics, braces)